As 2018 ends and we welcome 2019, reflection is a must. We cut our losses and make the most of them but also celebrate the good moments that brought us here. There is no best or worse, it’s a balance. Although time simply goes on. It was decided at some point to set time limits to not lose track of what was and is to be.
I end the year grateful for all I have and had. I count myself extremely lucky. My lows and highs I shall list to later come back and remember when I believe all is lost.
2018 in review:
- My grandmother left us but I was able to say goodbye in person. I was able to care for her a tiny bit as she did when we were little.
- I traveled to Valencia, my grandmother’s birthplace just as she was slipping away. Thanks to my school who footed the bill.
- I started working in Highschool again. A school with an enormous heart and an amazing loving team.
- I finally settled in my new home in heart and mind.
- Loneliness hasn’t been a great part of 2018. I have enjoyed my single life enormously.
- My niece came to visit me twice! She doesn’t really know how that helped upon my landing from Spain after the loss of my grandmother.
- My friends have continued to bring me joy.
- My family and my adopted one have carried me through and cheered me on.
- I’ve made new friends and met amazing people in the strangest way.
- I saw the desert, and the vastness of life out there, under unpolluted skies.
- I’ve sold my life on e-bay and letting go has been a true lesson in what I no longer need.
- I have enjoyed freedom as never before.
- And many more…
2019. New beggings, hope, and resolutions I’ll keep.
- I’ll strive for work/life balance.
- I’ll spend more time with friends and family.
- I will actually use the phone for what it’s really meant for. Real calls.
- I will let go off my phone and look at people in the eye.
- I will travel to new places.
- I will try new things even if they are far from my comfort zone.
- Gratitude will be ever-present.
- I will live…
Let’s do this! We are ready for you, 2019! Let’s make new memories!