We take vacations to decompress, relax and enjoy a break from our routines, but some vacations can become also a job, especially if you try to fit in too many activities in, let’s say, two weeks. The gauge to know you are experiencing a true stress free vacation is when you experience one or more of the following:
- You wake up and don’t know either what day it is or where you are for an instant. (Longer than a few seconds might call for a visit to the doctor’s office!).
- You loose track of time.
- You’re off your regular schedule and you don’t suffer from anxiety and can accommodate to the new environment.
- You feel “free.”
- You can read a book without checking your watch.
- You smile for no reason.
- You sleep like a baby after you get over your jet lag, and if you don’t you don’t care!
- When you look at yourself in the mirror you like what you see.
- You become extraordinarily adventurous.
- You cringe a little bit when you think about “work.”
- You eat foods you usually wouldn’t dare to.
- Anger seems to dissolve and you become more tolerant.
- You see life though a more optimistic lens.
- Things that you usually feel self-conscious of seem to dissolve.
- Your computer is pilling on dust and you don’t care.
- You use your phone mostly to take pictures.
- You don’t feel any urgency to check or reply to e-mails.
- Even rain doesn’t ruin your day.
- You actually realize you understand the term MINDFULNESS at last!
- Your definition of early rising changes to 12:00 PM and you feel no remorse!
What else would you add?
2 thoughts on “20 signs that prove you are enjoying a stress-free vacation:”
The feeling that this is life and that all is well with the world
Love the thought!