I used to be very stingy when it came to buying flowers. I couldn’t find it in me to buy them since they soon died and I didn’t appreciate them. But now, since I’ve made my transition into my new life, I’m finding that little things like cheering the place up with color and flowers do actually make me happy.
I’ve added more things to not only my temporary home but to my lifestyle, which before I wouldn’t even think of. Just to make me feel good about myself and my life.
Things I’ve started doing to feel better in my transition;
- Mani-pedis and massages. I thought it was a waste of money, but the truth is, that I find it very relaxing now and it makes me feel special. Taking care of myself even in small ways, emotionally and physically are helping see life in a more positive light.
- Practicing yoga at home. Yep! It not only quiets my mind down but it heals my back.
- Working in a coffee shop. I never did this before, but this new routine helps me focus and I am also surrounded by people who are also doing the same.
- I’m seeing more friends now. I am kind of a homebody, but now I really appreciate the company of friends and enjoy being out more.
- Going to a gym. I never liked gyms and would only go when I stayed at a hotel. Recently I signed up to the amazing gym at USFCA and I am taking advantage of it and enjoying it. Calms me down, see people and I start my day off on the right foot.
- I go to church! Actually, I sit in the temple when there is no mass and simply sit, meditate and calm down. I feel at peace.
- Walking the dog and taking care of her needs, helps me feel love. Drew keeps me company and likes to be hugged, so it works both ways. We all know how much good a pet does to our emotional and physical being.
These simple routines are helping me adapt gracefully and keep my mind open to a happier existence. Some days are harder than others but I am trying my best and it’s working.
2 thoughts on “7 things that are helping me transition into my new life.”
Hi Laura, I stumbled upon your blog through my reader and I loved your post. I think these are little things that you know will help ignite a change in you. Or help you change. That is awesome.
Please give my latest blog post, regarding being the change, a read at
This is another collection to my knowlegde, thanks ! xo