I used to live only in my little bubble of comfort. I had my routines where I felt safe and risked nothing. I desperately wanted everything to fall into place and go as planned. I was too fearful to try anything new. I lived a safe but boring existence. Until one day I realized nothing was under my control. My “safe” life fell apart the day my then-husband asked me for a divorce. I was thrown into an unpredictable life. This was way out of my comfort zone.
From one day to the next I had to move out. I took just a few housewares: a set of sheets, towels, two coffee mugs and Nescafé Clásico. I moved into a small studio with good friends.
That first morning at my new place as a newly single woman, I greeted my new life with NESCAFÉ® Clásico™. I stared at my new life. I knew I could not hang on to my usual routine. I had to break out of it, and learn to live well outside of my comfort zone. Now, almost one year after my breakup, I do at least one thing every day to break free from routine. I step out of my comfort zone often. And guess what. Nothing bad happens! Quite the contrary.
I landed a great job which I would never have gotten had I not dared to apply! I am writing a book to help my language students learn Spanish. And I´m traveling to other cities and countries, rediscovering myself in the process.
Breaking my routine has helped me to overcome invisible fears, made me more daring and stronger. I learned the hard way that if we don’t take chances, we may miss out on life itself.
I will share with you how I broke my routine and stepped out of my comfort zone and hope it inspires you to follow suit.
I broke my routine and l reaped the benefits when:
- I took on two new jobs I came to love!
- Flew solo to celebrate my friend’s birthday to Las Vegas, not really knowing anyone else who was also attending. I had a blast!
- Tried new foods, and doing so I discovered I actually liked soup!
- Attended parties where I knew only one person and ended up meeting very interesting people!
- Took care of a pup and I found out I actually could be responsible for a pup’s life and experience unconditional love.
- Learned that pampering myself was not a waste of money or time!
- I went to an amusement park and dared to ride with my niece on the scariest rides. (I don’t know whether I will do it again but I had a great time!)
These are just a few of many things that I have done which I wouldn’t have dared to do in my former life. Now, I am open to change and try something new at any given moment.
It’s funny how I remember well how NESCAFÉ® Clásico™ me the morning the new chapter of my life started because it is now that NESCAFÉ® Clásico™ launched the amazing “break your routine” campaign. Showing us how, when you are open to trying new things, breaking your routine, hopping on a bus; fun and surprising things can happen! Like sharing time with new people over a cup of coffee. In this case NESCAFÉ® Clásico™ .
Check out what happens in this video where people are invited by NESCAFÉ® Clásico™ to take an unexpected bus ride and have a Nescafé moment.