Insanity is doing something crazy, something that goes against the norm and which we know well is not to our best interest. Yet, we still indulge hoping the end result will be a success.
Some insanity is good. Taking a risk may well be seen as crazy to some, but if you don’t try when all else has failed, then all is certainly lost. However, when we repeatedly risk our wellbeing and that of other’s this insanity is harmful.
Insanity in my book encases quite universal behaviors such as:
- Allowing the same people to take advantage of you over and over again.
- Setting yourself up for yet another let down.
- Letting yourself down in public.
- Underestimating your value.
- Believing everyone at face value.
- Engaging in addictive behavior.
- Staying in toxic relationships hoping the other will change.
- Staying stuck in one place out of fear.
- Complaining and doing nothing about it.
- Looking for love in all the wrong places.
- Not following your dreams.
- Saying yes when you really want to say no.
- Believing “It’s too late to change my life.”
- Indulging in self-destructive behaviors.
- Allowing what others think to rule your life.
And the list goes on. What is your definition of insanity?