January is the Monday of the year. Probably the toughest month to get through. Right after the holiday break. All the parties, celebrations with friends and families come to a dead halt right after New Year’s. And there we are, facing a New Year with resolutions or not in the midst of winter. Which is kind of a downer. But we can happily survive January.
My Januarys changed when I realized how much this month affected my mood. I decided to make the best of them even if it caught me almost penniless after the holiday gift giving. This is a time to rebuild what is faulty. Recharge, change habits, routines and more.
After much trial and error I came up with ways to make January livable and survive the winter blues.
- Leave behind relationships that are dead and done. Don’t look back at the pain and loss. Stay there for a bit and then look forward and focus on planning your year ahead.
- This is the time to plan your coming vacations. It’s cheaper and you’ll have something to look forward to.
- Start planning but also stay in the moment.
- Plan your exercise regimen and stick to it. Mark it on the calendar and do it as if it were a job you had to go to. You just don’t think about it, you just do it!
- Write, read, and draw. Become inspired.
- Do all those things that you leave for later in the summer because you rather enjoy the good weather.
- Cuddle up and watch inspiring thought-provoking movies.
- Meet up with friends to catch up after the holidays.
- Throw parties just because!
- Try out new recipes if you like to cook. Especially if the weather outside is not so great.
- Enjoy the winter lazy days to rest up.
And before you know it, January will be over and you will have enjoyed it!